The best way to keep your customers satisfied is to solicit their feedback -- and act on it. Failure to do this can be catastrophic for any organization, big or small. We've gathered these headlines on customer surveying and customer feedback to help you make use of your customer's opinions.
|The top 10 customer surveying headlines|
1. The power of real-time customer surveys: According to Donna Fluss, customer surveying is one of the most important things an enterprise can do to boost customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention. Donna recommends companies use real-time surveying tools to help them identify and respond to customer concerns immediately, before the issues impact a larger number of customers.
2. Customers: The best judge of agent performance: Customers are a company's best resource for unbiased, truthful feedback on the caller experience. Many companies are improving quality monitoring processes by using surveying tools to get feedback from customer interactions with call center agents.
3. Text analytics the key to customer service for hospitality firm: One hotel and convention center chain is using on-demand text analytics to filter through thousands of customer feedback surveys and improve its business processes and customer service. The system allows the company to handle issues as they happen and the information gathered is incorporated into employee training.
4. WWE wrestles with customer feedback marketing: Wrestling fans are helping the WWE determine wrestling match-ups and story lines, voting for their favorite wrestlers via text message and on the Internet. Voters then receive customized offerings and information based on their preferences.
5. Gartner suggests seven ways to improve the customer experience: Research from Gartner suggests that in order to improve the customer experience, companies need to act on customer feedback. Organizations should make company-wide changes based on feedback and communicate those changes with both employees and customers.
6. Customer reviews spell loyalty, service for Petco.com: A Valentine's Day promotion from Petco.com that centered on customer reviews paid off with increased customer loyalty and higher spending. Petco.com's next move is to expand its customer review program and leverage reviews to enhance customer service.
7. Customer satisfaction surveys: Building a business case: In this business case, contributor Richard Snow outlines the business drivers behind post-call customer surveys and breaks down a variety of customer surveying options.
8. Honda revs up its survey strategy: Honda Motors USA is better utilizing its customer feedback through a centralized online survey system that provides one output for multiple data analysis. This allows every department to send out customized surveys and see real-time results in a standardized format.
9. eToys plays nice with customer panel: eToys makes use of a customer advisory panel and large email surveys to better understand and serve its customer base. The company uses purchase discounts and catchy survey questions to capture the customer's attention and entice them to participate.
10. Voice of the customer departments making a comeback: According to Gartner, voice of the customer departments are slowly making a comeback. These departments represent an organization's customers and report their experiences to the board or high-level executives. The downside: feedback generated this way isn't getting to front office employees fast enough.
Visit the Customer Loyalty Learning Guide.