Call center performance management tools -- designed to monitor agent performance by pulling together the appropriate metrics, such as calls handled and sale conversions -- fall under an umbrella of call center management tools called workforce optimization. While the benefits of workforce optimization have been proven, these technologies are still slow to catch on in the call center. According to analysts, reluctance to purchase these solutions could be based on the general confusion in the marketplace. How much do you know about call center performance management, workforce optimization and call center technology and vendors? Test yourself today to start optimizing your call center tomorrow.
How to take the quiz:
* After reading the question, note the letter of your answer.
NOTE: Some questions may have more than one appropriate answer!
* Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
* To learn more about call center performance management and the correct response to the question, open the link that follows the response on the answer page.
1. True or False? The goal behind performance management is to use the abundance of data generated in the call center to better manage resources.
2. Which of the following is not an effective way to reduce hold time in the call center?
a) Staff up to meet demand
b) Offer more or better self service
c) Limit callers to one request per call
d) Reduce handle times through improved processes, training, system enhancements, or other changes.
3. True or False? According to some experts, losing an agent can cost a call center between $5,000 and $17,000.
4. _____ is a technology that allows call center agents to access all available enterprise data and resources at once. It consists of dynamic analysis and reporting, based on data entered into a system less than one minute before the actual time of use. What is it?
a) Call center intelligence applications
b) Real-time analytics applications
c) Off-time analytics applications
d) RAT applications
5. What is the term for is a call center agent who manages both incoming and outgoing calls and applications as needed?
a) Multilingual agent
b) Need-based agent
c) Blended agent
d) Favorite agent
6. Experienced agents in the call center can benefit from which types of training?
a) Up-training: retrains agents on issues identified during the quality assurance process or teaches agents about new products, services, systems or procedures.
b) Communications training: teaches agents techniques for handling challenging customers.
c) Time management training: assists agents in multi-tasking and managing their time effectively.
d) All of the above
7. True or False? According to experts, the speech analytics market has peaked and we won't see it grow much this year or next.
8. According to call center experts, what percentage of the call center budget should go to training?
a) Less than 1%
b) 3% to 5%
c) 5% to 10%
d) Whatever your call center can afford
9. Which of the following vendors currently sells quality assurance products?
a) NICE Systems Ltd.
b) Verint Systems Inc.
c) etalk Corporation
d) Witness Systems, Inc.
e) All of the above
10. Which call center vendor announced in April 2006 that it would acquire IEX and Performix to enhance its workforce management and performance management applications?
a) NICE Systems Ltd.
b) Avaya, Inc.
c) Cisco Systems, Inc.
d) None of the above
Read the call center performance management quiz answers
SearchCRM.com members, get a discount on the 2007 Contact Center Performance Management Market Report by DMG Consulting
Explore a guide to performance management tools for the call center.
Learn about the benefits of call center performance management software.
Read why workforce optimization (WFO) is making strides in the call center.