From a customer's point of view, the customer service representative (CSR) is the "face" of the company, and everything they say and do during a customer interaction has a positive (or negative) effect on customer satisfaction and customer profitability. In the May installment of Creating Customer Value, a podcast series with Peppers and Rogers, Martha Rogers takes questions from readers and explains how CSRs impact customer profitability every time they interact with a customer. Listen to Martha's podcast for best practices on building customer profitability through CSRs and tips for treating each customer as an individual.
- Visit the Creating Customer Value podcast archive.
|Managing customer profitability with Martha Rogers|
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Managing customer profitability with Martha Rogers
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
Named one of the nineteen most important business gurus of the past century by Business 2.0 Magazine, Martha Rogers, Ph.D., is a founding partner of Peppers & Rogers Group. Marth has been recognized for the past decade as one of the world's leading experts on customer-based business strategies and growing customer value.
Fast forward to questions that interest you most.
- 00:45 What effect does up-selling and cross-selling have on customer satisfaction? While up-selling and cross-selling can build customer profitability, is it worth negatively impacting customer satisfaction?
- 02:30 As a call center manager, what can I do to put the right information in the hands of agents so they can increase customer profitability?
- 04:10 I just started work at a call center where we are encouraged to build profitable customer relationships. Do you have any tips for using my time on the phone with customers effectively?
- 05:35 Should customer service representatives be assigned to specific customers, allowing them to establish a relationship and provide more personalized service? How might this strategy affect customer profitability?
Related resources on customer equity and customer profitability
- Read Peppers and Rogers' latest book, Rules to Break & Laws to Follow.
- Find out how a call center helps increase customer profitability.
- Ask your own customer equity questions of Peppers and Rogers to be answered on an upcoming podcast.
- If you prefer to read rather than hear Peppers and Rogers' answers, visit SearchCRM.com's Ask the Expert pages: