John Ragsdale is the vice president of research with the Service & Support Professionals Association, a longtime industry analyst and call center manager.
In this podcast he discusses the future of customer self-service technology, its evolution from a tactical to a strategic imperative and how vendors in the self-service market are innovating. He also shares his take on highly customized "microsites" that allow companies to create personalized pages for customer e-service and the growing importance of "click-to-call" customer service technology.
|Voices of CRM: John Ragsdale|
- Click here to listen to the podcast on the Voices of CRM blog: John Ragsdale on self-service
John Ragsdale, of the Service & Support Professionals Association, discusses the market for customer self-service technology and e-service, his vision of highly customized microsites and leaders in the market like Kana.
- Customer Self Service Learning Guide: This guide introduces the fundamentals and benefits of customer self-service technology. It will help you build a customer self-service strategy that enables increased ROI and better use of your call center resources.
- Customer self service quiz: In order to truly be effective with customer self service, it is important to understand the technology. Get started with this quick quiz from SearchCRM.com.
- ATG to acquire eStara: ATG acquires eStara and its click-to-call and click-to-chat technology in a $48 million cash deal.
- CRM ROI series -- Building a business case for customer self service: Beyond the allure and seemingly straightforward benefits of customer self-service lie a few "gotchas" that are critical to both leveraging and building a credible, sustainable business case for self-service. Allen Bonde, Senior Vice President of Strategy & Marketing, eVergance and an authority on self-service and KM best practices, discusses these business drivers behind customer self-service.