BACKGROUND IMAGE: iSTOCK/GETTY IMAGES
Infusionsoft is a customer relationship management (CRM) platform used to manage the sales, marketing and customer support facets of B2B and B2C engagement strategies. It provides core CRM capabilities as well as email marketing, marketing automation and e-commerce functions in one platform.
Infusionsoft is licensed as software as a service and can be accessed by most Web browsers. The software is designed for small businesses with annual revenue of $100,000 or greater and offers functions that optimize the user experience for companies with smaller customer support teams or individuals. This includes tasks such as centralizing all customer interactions, new lead capture and automation for billing, contact management, follow-up and payments.
The CRM for Small Business component of Infusionsoft allows users to import and organize contacts on- and offline. Users can create customer profiles and use these to track customer engagement and customer behavior, and use this information to identify and prioritize leads.
The Marketing Automation component in the CRM platform helps users engage audiences with automated lead capture and follow-up. Users can create personalized emails and other communications based on factors such as sent and opened emails, form submissions, and customer payment history. Using the platform's Sales Automation component, customer support personnel can keep records of all sales appointments, emails, tasks and other related activities.
Sell Online allows users to establish and manage all aspects of e-commerce, including digital storefronts, shopping carts and inventory and billing management.
Infusionsoft's sales and marketing tools allow users to build custom, automated customer campaigns using an easy drag-and-drop interface. Users can create a personalized flow for existing customers or potential leads in a variety of marketing and sales situations.
The CRM platform also interfaces with social media sites Facebook and Twitter through Infusionsoft's GroSocial tool. It features customizable templates for the creation of contests and promotions on Facebook, and allows users to monitor feeds and post and schedule tweets on Twitter.
Infusionsoft is available in the following five editions, which are licensed under monthly fees with no annual contract:
- Essentials, which is best-suited for small businesses with basic marketing needs. It includes the aforementioned contact management and marketing automation tools. It offers 2,500 contacts, 12,500 emails per month and can be accessed by up to three users. Cost: $199 per month.
- Deluxe Sales, which is best-suited for businesses with sales teams. It includes all features offered in the Essentials package, plus the sales automation features mentioned previously. It offers 5,000 contacts, 25,000 emails per month and can be accessed by up to four users. Cost: $299 per month.
- Deluxe E-Commerce, which is best-suited for businesses that sell products or services through an online store. It includes all features offered in the Essentials package, plus e-commerce tools mentioned in the Sell Online tool. It offers 5,000 contacts, 25,000 emails per month and can be accessed by up to four users. Cost: $299 per month.
- Complete, which includes all of Infusionsoft's Essentials, Sales and E-Commerce features, and is best-suited for businesses with both a sales team and online marketplace. It offers 10,000 contacts, 50,000 emails per month and can be accessed by up to five users. Cost: $379 per month.
- Team, which includes everything featured in the Complete version but offers 10,000 contacts, 100,000 emails per month and can be accessed by up to 10 users. Cost: $599 per month.
Infusionsoft also offers training for all new users of the CRM platform called Kickstart Services. This training is required for all new Infusionsoft customers, and comes with a one-time fee of $1,499. The company also offers additional support and training services.
Infusionsoft is available from the company or through affiliated partners and Infusionsoft-certified consultants. Infusionsoft also has several mobile apps available for Apple iOS and Android devices. The most current version of Infusionsoft is 1.41.
Social CRM tools are here to stay
Big data CRM is helping companies improve customer relations
Learn how to improve customer engagement with the proper CRM tools