1. Help review functionality in your current system, and the proposed new functionality and functional enhancements in the upgrade release.
2. Demo new functionality and advise the team to upgrade to new functionality or retain the functionality in the older version, depending on your business processes.
3. Provide information on the impact of the upgrade as well as risk analysis and mitigation measures.
4. Define the upgrade path for the enhancements (to retain or throw out) that are in the earlier version, after validating the business value of those enhancements after the upgrade.
5. Provide a list of pre-upgrade steps and guidelines.
6. Assist the implementation team in issue resolution during the upgrade and brings the upgrade experience to the table for quick resolution of upgrade issues.
7. Help the team by providing a functional upgrade path after a successful technical upgrade.
8. Define the end-user training for the new and enhanced functionality in the upgraded version of the SAP CRM system.
Dig Deeper on SAP CRM
Related Q&A from Srinivasa Katta
Get the basics about the SAP enhancement packages available for SAP CRM customers. Learn about SAP's EHP strategy and how it impacts SAP CRM 7.0 ... Continue Reading
Get a SAP ERP integration tip in this expert Q&A. Find out if SAP CRM and ERP integration is possible when there are two SAP CRM implementations ... Continue Reading
Find out if it's possible to run SAP CRM 3.0 and SAP ECC 6.0 simultaneously in this expert tip. Learn about SAP R/3 plug-ins available in SAP ECC 6.0. Continue Reading