peshkova - Fotolia
Workforce optimization software is comprised of a group of components including workforce management, quality recording, speech analytics, e-learning, knowledge management, performance management and other tools that support contact center performance.
To retain customers, companies need to focus on the best use of contact center agents to make service interactions efficient and enhance the customer experience. By using workforce optimization software, contact centers hope to become more efficient in their workflows and gain greater insight into customer preferences and concerns as well as agent performance.
Each component of workforce optimization software aims to enhance the customer journey. Examples include the following:
- Workforce management tools ensure that a contact center is accurately staffed to meet demand, helping to support the attainment of critical service levels.
- Speech analytics software allows organizations to document and evaluate the voice of the customer by analyzing calls and diagnosing problem areas through the study of specific words,
- E-learning assists agent training by pushing training modules directly to an agent's desktop to ensure that agents have the most up-to-date training available to them.
- Knowledge management provides an easy-to-access single repository of information that agents can utilize to respond to customer inquiries.
- Performance management provides dashboards and insight into critical metrics to determine how individuals and teams are tracking goals and to identify areas for potential improvement.
By investing in workforce optimization software, companies aim to enhance the customer journey by becoming more efficient in staffing and analytics. As a result of better insight, companies can reduce waste and get customers the help they need faster through continuous improvement efforts.
Examining the components necessary for a modern contact center
Don't let customer experience analytics become the flavor of the month
Social media customer service brings its own challenges to contact centers
Discover more about buying signals
Dig Deeper on Customer relationship management (CRM)
Related Q&A from Scott Sachs
Chatbot success can be measured using a number of metrics. Each helps improve the customer experience. Read on to learn which KPIs are beneficial for... Continue Reading
Call center agents need to make sure they have the skills for which hiring managers are looking. Here are the top call center agent job skills you'll... Continue Reading
The largest companies can choose the largest CRM platforms, but what's left for small- and medium-sized businesses? How should they choose the right ... Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.