What is the best (i.e. user friendly and inexpensive) CRM package for a UK telemarketing & sales operation still using Excel? (I consider Siebel reasonably user friendly once the initial learning curve is passed).
This is a question that is frequently asked, and rarely answered immediately!
The answer is 'it all depends'. You need to think about some key issues here:
1. How many users - too few and you could pay too much for set-up relative to the user base. Too many and the 'low cost' systems are unlikely to support the user base
2. Is there a need to integrate to other systems, such as back office systems? If there is, then you need a more 'open solution'
3. Is CTI (computer telephony integration) a requirement - and if so what exchange is in use
4. Is the call centre to be integrated to a web site - if it is, a lot of the smaller vendors claim integration, but don't have it, so watch out.
5. What industry sector? - Some vendors have sector specific configurations that save a lot of set up cost
I'm sorry to be answering one question with 5 more! But with a bit more detail I can probably help more.
Dig Deeper on Sales enablement tools
Related Q&A from Nick Siragher
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.