Here is an application upgrade decision checklist for "why or why not" to do a CRM applications upgrade.
• Gain the benefit of new functional enhancements
• Compliance changes
• Reduce customizations
• Consolidate instances
• Keep options open for service-oriented architecture (SOA) releases
• Synchronize tools and infrastructure releases
• Get relief from vendor-imposed support deadlines
Why not upgrade?
• Applications are mature, enhancements not compelling
• Risk of disruption to the business
• Cost and resource requirements
• Too many customizations
• Plan to switch to another vendor
• Complex integration with other applications
• Vendor-imposed platform requirements
• Questionable future of the product or vendor
Dig Deeper on Customer relationship management (CRM)
Related Q&A from William Band
Many organizations are concerned about CRM cloud security. How much can you trust the cloud and what are the benefits? Continue Reading
Plan to reward customers for social network activity and consider “lifestyle” rewards instead of just discounts -- a cooking lesson, maybe? Continue Reading
What’s the best way to present your case for a Siebel CRM upgrade? Expert William Band breaks down the process behind an application upgrade for ... Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.