Customer service is often the most important factor in determining brand loyalty, customer satisfaction and long-term customer relationships. Globally, 90% of consumers believe customer service is important in the choice of a brand, and 58% say they will sever a relationship with a business due to poor customer service, according to Microsoft research.
The acceleration of digital transformation across all industries is creating unprecedented expectations in terms of the quality and currency of support customers demand. It is essential to keep up with and get ahead of these expectations; otherwise, you risk losing customers to more agile, responsive competitors.
The issues in meeting rising customer expectations have been exacerbated by COVID-19. Customers have become more reliant than ever on their digital interactions with your organization, so speed, security, accuracy and comprehensiveness are at a higher premium. At the same time, however, customer service and field service teams have been forced to conduct more operations remotely, often from home offices.
The shift to remote work has been a challenge for some companies but an opportunity for others. Many organizations have embraced a modernized approach to customer experience to get ahead of the curve and shift to a model that supports the concept of customer service from anywhere.
What to Look for in a Platform
Enabling customer service from anywhere—while still meeting gold standards in customer experience, collaboration and employee satisfaction—is feasible only when you can leverage a unified cloud platform that has features and capabilities including:
- A broad portfolio of Integrated, unified, always-connected applications.
- A single source of data that is current, timely, accurate and complete.
- Embedded analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) to enable insight-driven decision-making and proactive, predictive support.
- An omnichannel platform that gives customers and service reps a variety of touch points, all infused with data and insights.
The Benefits of Microsoft Dynamics 365
When it comes to delivering the features and capabilities necessary to transform customer service and support, Microsoft Dynamics 365 is setting standards other solutions can’t match.
Because Dynamics 365 is built on Azure, customers can integrate all their customer-facing and back-office applications on a single platform that is resilient, secure, compliant and connected.
In addition, customers can leverage deep analytics and AI to ensure reps are fully equipped with the tools, information and knowledge to do their jobs. Beyond that, they can use intelligence to get ahead of customer needs, to anticipate and solve issues as well as identify new opportunities to improve customer satisfaction.
Within the Dynamics 365 portfolio, Microsoft offers several innovative solutions to help organizations transform the customer experience and turn the concept of customer service from anywhere into a reality for today and the future. Three innovative, service-focused solutions are:
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service, which allows organizations to give personalized service using an omnichannel platform that leverages analytics and AI to gain actionable insights into each customer’s unique needs and identities. Organizations get comprehensive visibility into their own service operations and can proactively identify trends and opportunities from intelligent dashboards infused with AI-generated insights.
- Dynamics 365 Field Service, which enables organizations to deliver a data-driven on-site service experience, including use of IoT signals and analytics to predict and resolve issues before the customer is even aware they exist. With embedded automation, intelligence and connectedness, the Field Service solution is designed to intelligently aid in dispatching the right talent quickly, efficiently and reliably, all while optimizing company resources and reducing operational costs.
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist, which is a mixed reality application designed to modernize the way employees, such as service technicians, connect with remote collaborators via video, audio, text, file sharing and real-world annotations. Remote Assist allows people who are performing work on site to share their field of view and collaborate with people in other locations, using virtually any device, including HoloLens mixed reality sunglasses. Users can save time and costs by conducting virtual inspections with remote collaborators, so personnel don’t have to be at the site.
Connected, intelligent, secure and resilient digital solutions are giving organizations a chance to transform how they conceive and deliver customer service and support. With the right platform, companies can thrill their customers—while reducing costs, alleviating pressure on service teams, empowering remote work and accelerating digital transformation through technology innovation.
Watch this webinar series now to learn how to make customer service from anywhere a reality for your organization.
For more information, please visit Dynamics.Microsoft.com.